Brenda and Cam's BC Adventure

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Let it Snow!

The weather in Victoria this November has been very consistent... it rains... everyday. While it usually does not rain all day, it definitely rains every day. From my understanding, we have set new records for rainfall in November.

That being said, you can imagine the surprise when we first caught a glimpse of the snow falling outside. And we are not talking a few snowflakes... I am talking several inches of wet, heavy snow. Of course, I made sure to snap a few photos. And let it be known that the pictures were taken well before the snow stopped falling. Actually, I am not sure it has stopped snowing.

View from our apartment.

We did venture out for a drive to the nearby mall, only to discover things like ploughs and salt trucks were nowhere in sight. A trip that would generally take only a few minutes took nearly 30 minutes. It is one big skating rink out there - good thing I brought my skates! I may need them for the walk to work in the morning.

The Road.

2 Comments:

  • I too was shocked (and delighted) to see the snow. Not only to I get to enjoy the snow, but I get to make butch comments about how "this is nothing" and how I had to wade through hip-deep snow to go to school when I was a kid and how everyone is BC is a pussy. HA ha!

    Nice pics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

  • Haha, I agree completely. Some of these Victorians have no idea what to do. Bren and I saw a woman hunched over shovelling her sidewalk with a dustpan this morning. And why are people walking around with umbrellas? It's not raining

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home